Snyder’s Does Tile and Grout Cleaning
One of my friends recently had this look of surprise on her face as I was telling her about our tile and grout cleaning services. Just the weekend before she had decided to clean hers by herself and loaded up on a variety of cleaners and tools expecting it would take an hour or so only to find it took most of two days and resulted in sore knees and a very tired back. Now she knows why there are people like us who clean tile and grout professionally. She said, “If only I had known, but I will definitely call you next time.”
Tile and Grout cleaning can be a tough, dirty, exhausting job and if you are not sure what you are doing it will usually take much longer and may even result in damage to the surfaces you are trying to clean.The process of cleaning tile and grout is often process of using increasing strengths of various chemical solutions to get rid of the worst stains, possibly including steam cleaning. Once clean, you also need to reapply the correct sealer, perhaps one with color to change the look, to help make removing new stains easier and to protect the tile and grout.
A Realtor friend of mine who uses us exclusively to help with home staging says that dirty or stained tile and grout is a definite turn-off to home buyers, especially if they have let it advance to mildew or mold. Living with these hazardous organisms around leads to a variety of health problems and we know how to remove mold, mildew and spores without damaging tile or grout. We also can recommend other professionals if black mold or similar organisms have advanced beyond the early stages and created a serious health hazard.
Sometimes we discover tile and grout that cannot be cleaned to a satisfactory condition. This may need to be repaired or re-grouted and matching old grout with new usually needs a professional. Likewise, if your tile are damaged, cracked, chipped or have developed permanent stains they will only become worse if left untreated. We often refer our customers to experienced, reliable professionals who specialize in re-grouting or repairing tile and grout. The cleaning of a variety of tile and stone varies also. Floors made of ceramic, Mexican tile, granite, slate, travertine, marble, terrazzo or porcelain may each have different needs in terms of cleaning, polishing and sealing. This is why you should consult a professional for tile and grout cleaning instead of taking on this task yourself. Don’t wait until your floor is permanently damaged to find someone who knows what they are doing.
Tile and Grout Maintenance is the key to keeping a beautiful floor or walls just like regular carpet cleaning not only makes the floor look new but actually helps preserve its life. If you get water intrusion in the underlying structure or high traffic areas on unsealed floors, the grout may require repair instead of cleaning.
Here some tips on regular cleaning and maintenance of your grout:
- Clean the grout with water and allow to dry in order to remove and loose surface dirt.
- If you have colored grout do not use bleach as it will lighten or discolor the grout.
- Use a stiff brush for scrubbing, a toothbrush will probably be too soft and a metal brush like the ones you use to clean the grill will be harsh and could damage the grout and tile.
- If you are using any chemicals be sure to do so with adequate ventilation and never, ever mix chemicals together. Some chemicals mixed together may produce noxious fumes like chlorine or result in burns or unpredictable reactions.
- Use rubber gloves and protective eyewear when working close to cleaners or chemicals.
- Test your cleaner on a small, inconspicuous area first to test that it won’t stain, damage or erode your grout or tile. This is important if your tile grout is old or damaged.
- Apply a grout sealer after cleaning and at least once a year.
Dallas Texas Tile and Grout Cleaning Company Christine Snyder of Snyder’s Carpet Care provides all types of floor care. Serving both residential and commercial clients. Our services extend to Cedar Hill, Desoto, Duncanville, Midlothian, Grand Prairie, Red Oak, Ovilla, Arlington, Mansfield, Lewisville, Coppell, Flower mound, McKinney, Frisco and Dallas county residents.