Tips on How to Keep Your Carpets in Excellent Shape
Carpeting can be one of the more expensive items in your home, yet a lot of us fail to maintain our investment properly. Here are a few simple tips that can help you prolong the life and beauty of your carpets.
- Vacuum Weekly. If you have lots of family and or animals, then vacuum daily. This may seem like overdoing it to some, but think about the everyday dirt and grease that can land up on our carpets. Vacuuming consistently can decrease the chances of dirt, pollution and grease from getting ground into the carpeting.
- Attend to spots as soon as possible. Do not leave spots sitting. Some stains such as pet vomit can sit in your carpet and the acidic levels can wear away at your carpet. You may even try a simple solution of vinegar and water to remove that stain right away.
- Steam clean carpets at least once a year. Heavier traffic areas every 6 months. It is also a good idea to show your carpet cleaner where spills or heavy traffic have taken place.
- Scotchgard at least once a year. Ask your carpet cleaning company to do this for you. Scotchgarding does not change the look of your carpet but will repel spills, resist soil and block stains. This will also limit reappearing spots.
- Have your air ducts cleaned to reduce filtration soil. Dirty air ducts can eventually result in a film of dirt on your carpets called Filtration soil and can be very difficult to remove. Especially around the edges of the wall and carpet, if you are noticing a darker tint near the wall this may be due to dirty air ducts.
Make sure to interview your carpet cleaning company, as you’ll want a company that is familiar with working on high-end carpeting and keeping your home and belongings in excellent shape. Ask them a few simple questions such as who will be coming out to service the carpet and how long has he or she been working for the company? You don’t need an eighteen-year-old with no experience working with heavy equipment near your grandma’s antique vase! Hire professionals.
Professional carpet cleaning, carpet repairs, tile and grout cleaning, and 24-hour flood service, these are just a few of the quality services we have been providing in North Texas for almost 20 years. Serving both residential and commercial clients, our services extend to the entire DFW Metroplex, Dallas, Cedar Hill, Desoto, Duncanville, Midlothian, Grand Prairie, Red Oak, Ovilla, Arlington, Cedar Hill, Frisco, Mckinney and Dallas County resident– including the cities of Addison, Allen, Altoga, Arlington, Azle, Balch Springs, Bedford, Benbrook, Blue Mound, Buckingham, Carrollton, Cedar Hill, Cockrell Hill, Colleyville, Coppell, Crowley, Dallas, Desoto, Duncanville, Euless, Fairview, Farmers Branch, Farmersville, Flower Mound, Fort Worth, Frisco, Garland, Glenn Heights, Grand Prairie, Grapevine, Haltom City, Haslet, Highland Park, Hurst, Hutchins, Irving, Keller, Lake Worth, Lancaster, Lavon, Lewisville, Lowry Crossing, Lucas, Mansfield, McKinney, Mesquite, Midlothian, Murphy, North Richland Hills, Ovilla, Parker, Plano, Prosper, Richardson, Richland Hills, River Oaks, Red Oak, Rowlett, Sachse, Saginaw, Saint Paul, Seagoville, Southlake, Sunnyvale, University Park, Watauga, Waxahachie, White Settlement and Wylie.