Lewisville Carpet Cleaning Company Helps Organize Spring Cleaning IApril 20, 2011 10:23 pm
Lewisville Texas Carpet Cleaning Company, Christine Snyder of Snyder’s Carpet Care offers tips on how To Organize Your Spring Cleaning and Make it a Fun Family Memory
Why? When our homes have been sealed up tightly all Winter to keep us warm they tend to accumulate dust and dirt inside. As the weather improves we are all quick to open windows and doors exposing the air in the house to more pollen and new dust. Spring cleaning is a necessity to keep the inside of your house healthy for the occupants. It is a great opportunity to get rid of things you no longer need, create some space and organize yourself for the change in seasons.
To organize your cleaning make a list of all the rooms that need to be cleaned and then the jobs that are needed in each room. An onsite inspection helps. You may find that some rooms have a bigger priority than others, perhaps you are having guests for Easter Dinner or houseguests to spend the night.
Break down rooms and jobs into smaller tasks and things will move quicker. Delegate certain tasks to your family members that are appropriate to their age and size. Small children may be great at helping you clean low kitchen cabinets areas, emptying the refrigerator, organizing the plastic ware, matching socks, organizing shoes, stacking DVD’s or books. Be sure to keep them away from chemicals, cleaners and disinfectants that are out during the cleaning process.
Start at the top and work your way down. That is, clean the high areas, ceiling fan blades and lamp covers and high ledges or molding first and work your way lower in the room. This way you are picking up dust and dirt or moving it down in the room where it can be vacuumed and removed.
Set Your Attitude & Have Fun – Instead of approaching it as a big, boring chore, think of it as an opportunity to make your living space healthier for everyone. Think of how you can make it a fun day in addition to a productive one. For example,
- Offer small prizes for the cleanest and neatest room, closet or living space.
- Sing along with someone or listen to your favorite music while you work.
- Include short breaks, snacks or stretch and relax moments after heavier physical chores.
- Gather things that you no longer use or need to donate to charity and make a list as you accumulate them so you can take a tax deduction.
- Think about how you can make each room more organized, useful or comfortable. It could be a good opportunity to move furniture into new arrangements to preserve the life of your carpet.
- Approach the day as a way to have a memorable, annual event, to teach small children about cleaning and organizing, to give your teenagers greater responsibility and participation in decision-making.
- If you don’t have a family, swap time with a friend. They help you and you help them. Working with someone else makes time seem faster.
- Take pictures of people working and having fun so you can remember the event.
- Enjoy yourself and provide recognition to others as they complete tasks. When you are finished take more pictures and celebrate as a family or even by yourself. Celebrate your accomplishment.
Get your carpets/floors cleaned professionally – Finally, after you have cleaned up everything else call Snyder’s Carpet Care for a Spring Carpet Cleaning, or a Spring Tile and Grout cleaning of your floors or carpets. Snyder’s provides commercial and residential floor care, not just carpets. With over nine years in business, and a variety of treatment alternatives we can put the final touch of beauty on your spring cleaning.
Lewisville Texas Carpet Cleaning Company Christine Snyder of Snyder’s Carpet Care provides all types of floor care. Serving both residential and commercial clients. Our services extend to Cedar Hill, Desoto, Duncanville, Midlothian, Grand Prairie, Red Oak, Ovilla, Arlington, Mansfield, Lewisville, Coppell, Flowermound, McKinney, Frisco and Dallas county residents.Arlington Carpet Cleaning, Arlington Carpet Direct, carpet cleaning, carpet cleaning tips, Carrollton Carpet Cleaning, clean carpets, Coppell Carpet Cleaning, Dallas Carpet Cleaning, Flower Mound Carpet Cleaning, Garland Carpet Cleaning, Mckinney Carpet Cleaning
Categorised in: Snyder's Carpet Care
This post was written by admin
Comments are closed here.