Having your carpet, upholstery and/or hard surface cleaned by Snyder’s Carpet Cleaning? Here are some suggestions for you to prepare that will help both of us:
- Please remove any small items such as dining room chairs, magazine racks, floor plants, etc. from any areas that are going to be cleaned.
- Please pin up any full-length draperies so that they will be at least 6 inches off the floor.
- Please pin up any skirts on upholstered furniture, which may be touching the carpet.
- Please do a good vacuuming/sweeping prior to technicians arrival.
- Computer equipment, china cabinets, sectional sofas, entertainment centers, antique and fragile furniture cannot be moved. However, carpet underneath such items can be cleaned where sufficient room is available, or we can edge right around the base.
- During the pre-inspection walk-through with your technicians, please call attention to any spots or stains which may require special techniques, or any products you have used to care for you flooring.
- Please put your pets in a safe, quiet place where our cleaning won’t disturb them.
- A special note about odors:
We do everything possible to reduce or eliminate pet odors. However, due to the depth of contamination, 100% success may not be attained. Also, for several days after cleaning you may notice an elevated odor due to higher humidity levels.
- Free up a parking spot – We use a trailer mounted truckmount. We will need to park our vehicle as close as possible to an entry door to run hoses for our cleaning equipment. Make sure your family’s vehicles aren’t obstructing them. We may decide to enter once we view the areas to be cleaned from a side door or garage which will be discussed at the time of service. We try to make it as convient as possible.
- Remove everything you want off the areas to be cleaned and do a good vacuum of carpets or sweeping of the tile and we will clean all open carpeted or tiled areas.
Special After Care Information:
- Please place plastic “tabs” and “blocks” under your furniture that you place back on wet carpets for 48 hours after cleaning.
- As a safety precaution please do not let your children or pets crawl or lie down on the carpet until they are completely dry.
- Tile Cleaning needs 4-5 hours of cure time after sealing. If you need to be on the tile during this cure time just walk tile to tile.
- Please use extreme caution when walking from the damp carpet to any hard surface area. (Very Slippery)
For faster drying carpets:
- Adjust thermostat to 72 degrees.
- Turn off humidifiers on furnace.
- Turn your thermostat fan control setting to “On.”
- Turn on all ceiling fans (make sure air blows down.)
- Turn on dehumidifier or air conditioning
- Do not replace furniture or area rugs in cleaned areas for 24 hours
Protect Your Investment
We recommend protecting your carpets and upholstery investments with Scotchgard after cleaning. More information about this and other services is available on our website.
If you are interested in adding additional services to your appointment please notify our office so we can adjust our schedule. If you have any other questions or concerns, reply to this email or give us a call at 972-898-3886