Lewisville Texas Carpet Cleaning Company, Christine Snyder owner of Snyder’s Carpet Care offers tips on how to keep your water pipes from bursting in freezing weather.
Protect Water Pipes During Hard Freeze
A hard freeze is predicted for the DFW Area tonight that could result in water pipes freezing. Snyder’s Carpet Care offers these tips to help our customers prevent problems with water pipes.
1. Disconnect and drain all outside hoses. Shut off all irrigation systems and allow them to drain.
2. Wrap exposed outside water pipes with materials that insulate against the cold. Hardware and building supply companies sell a variety of products. Newspapers or rags wrapped in plastic will also work for outside faucets.
3. Know the location of the main water shut off valve to your house and company and how to use it. If a pipe bursts anywhere, this valve can be used to turn off the water.
4. Insulate pipes in unheated areas such as crawl spaces, attics or a garage or warehouses.
5. Open cupboard doors in the kitchen and bathroom so warm air can reach water pipes located in outside walls.
6. Commercial Buildings – make sure and leave heaters on so that overhead Fire Sprinklers do not freeze.
Even if you take these precautions, pipes might still freeze. Make sure you have the name and number of a licensed plumber before an emergency, we are happy to refer one if needed.
If you have a water emergency, please call Snyder’s Carpet Care 972-898-3886